Universal Life Insurance
Universal Life Insurance is a form of permanent life insurance. It can provide affordable guaranteed protection and flexibility.
A Universal Life insurance policy provides flexibility that allows you to change, within limits, the death benefit and the timing and amount of your premium. You can build your policy’s cash value, or pay a lower premium and focus more on guaranteed protection.
MetLife’s Guarantee Advantage Universal Life insurance can be right for you if you want:
- Protection that can last a lifetime
- The flexibility to choose between two policy designs:
- Protection plus cash accumulation, or
- Focus on affordable guaranteed protection
- An option for a lifetime of guaranteed monthly income for your beneficiaries
Some things to consider about Universal Life Insurance:
- Cash value growth is based on periodically-declared fixed interest rates. Should rates fall, cash accumulation could suffer, and higher premiums may be needed
- Changing your policy’s premium or death benefit can affect your policy’s performance and guarantees, possibly requiring higher premiums later.
Your representative can help you determine whether Guarantee Advantage Universal Life insurance makes sense for you and your family.
You might also consider:
Term Life Insurance for temporary simplified coverage with no cash value.
Whole Life Insurance for permanent coverage, with guaranteed premiums, death benefits and cash value growth.
Variable Universal Life Insurance for permanent coverage, and potentially higher cash value through investment options, but you accept some risk.
All guarantees subject to the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
In the Guaranteed Protection policy design, departing from the payment schedule or making other changes to your policy may affect this guarantee and higher premiums could be required to keep the policy in force.
Some riders may not be available in all states. Optional riders are generally available for an additional fee and are subject to underwriting, contractual terms, conditions and limitations as specified in the policy. Most riders can be selected only when you apply for your policy.
Like most insurance policies, MetLife’s policies contain exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits and terms for keeping them in force. For complete costs and details, see your representative.
Guarantee Advantage Universal Life Insurance is issued by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, New York, NY 10166 in New York State (policy form #1E-34-07-NY) and by MetLife Investors USA Insurance Company, Irvine, CA 92614 in all other states and jurisdictions (policy form #5E-34-07).